Full Stack WordPress Developer
The WordPress Developer will have a true passion for current and emerging technologies and the WordPress ecosystem. This individual will bring an enthusiasm for applying their passion to a wide range of website development projects and will participate with cross-functional teams creating, communicating and explaining technical concepts to non-technical team members. In addition, they may contribute technical recommendations to individual projects, and should be able to participate and advise on bringing resolution to situations that may develop in a production environment. The right individual for the role should be able to work on projects of either a directed or individually-oriented nature and should be able to clearly articulate development objectives both verbally and in writing.
• Development of web applications/websites using the right technologies per project business, user, and technical requirements.
• Development of a QA/Load/Test plan per project requirements and monitoring effectiveness of QA efforts.
• Development of functional and technical specifications per project requirements.
• Development of end-user and developer documentation per project requirements.
• Supporting the post-launch activities of a project with support and training, site uptime monitoring, web application, and server availability per project requirements.
• Development of high quality, maintainable, standards-compliant code.
• Participating with internal and external teams to coordinate DNS issues, site migrations, and other development issues that require technical know-how.
• Keep up to date with new creative technologies and analyze new emerging marketing trends and practices, enough, to provide strategic input and direction to both clients and internal partners.
• Ability to work on a team interactively and to make yourself available to other members of the team when needed.
• Talent for articulating technical concepts (both verbally and written) in a manner that can support the needs of non-technical people both internally and externally.
• Readily participate with other team members in meetings with prospective and current clients to provide ideas, cost and time estimates.
• Blue sky ideas on the fly that lead to solutions.
• High level of enthusiasm with regard to creating technical solutions that have practical application.
• Reputation for innovative thinking and passionate about emerging technologies that support innovation.
SKILLS & TALENTS:
• At least 3 years of professional experience developing websites, web applications, and/or software.
• Experience working with heavily interactive web experiences required.
• Intermediate Level server-side scripting in PHP, and a well-developed foundation in OOP PHP within an MVC framework required.
• Experience with multiple content management systems required.
• Integration with the various API required.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required.
• Knowledge of MySQL is required, and SQL Server, MongoDB and/or other relational databases preferred.
• Knowledgeable in working with Subversion / GIT repositories required.
• Knowledgeable in web project development lifecycle required.
• ASP.NET working knowledge with Microsoft technologies preferred.
• Knowledge on implementing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Marketing Automation Analytics, or similar platforms preferred.
Looking for a different job? Go back to Careers.