Grafik’s Marketing Services team is looking for a media planner to support the development and execution of marketing and advertising campaigns for clients in the real estate, healthcare, association, and nonprofit space. The ideal candidate will be able to help clients reimagine their media strategies to include both traditional and non-traditional mediums, and will work with internal agency teams to deliver integrated campaigns with a strong POV. Flexibility, willingness to learn, comfort with change, and the ability to work with a high volume of projects are crucial to success in this position.Develop customized media plans that achieve client objectives across offline and online channels such as print, programmatic display, social media, out of home, radio and more.
• Develop customized media plans that achieve client objectives across offline and online channels such as print, programmatic display, social media, out of home, radio and more.
• Perform market research into audience demographics, media usage, and brand sentiment in order to recommend the best possible outlets and mediums for each client.
• Pitch and present cross-channel media strategies to clients as part of brand-led campaigns, seasonal promotions and annual media planning support.
• Create testing plans to confirm campaign approach and identify best-performing creative and targeting strategies for future campaigns.
• Work hand-in-hand with Grafik’s Client Services, Creative, Production and Strategy teams to communicate specifications, deadlines and manage the workflow of required media assets.
• Form strong relationships with advertising sales agents to obtain best prices and placements; researching and vetting new media partners regularly to ensure quality, compliance, value and brand safety for clients.
• Manage day-to-day communications between key partners (media vendors, publishers, partner agencies, clients, etc.) and aid in the management of new media proposal requests.
• Monitor purchased media to ensure ads appear as planned, working with Marketing Analysts to track performance against established KPIs ands communicate media-related issues or concerns to the Client Services team.
• Monitor media trends, tools, and opportunities to stay ahead of the curve, enhance agency learning, and improve client campaigns.
Skills & Talents:
• Understanding of online and offline media, with the ability to quickly learn new or emerging platforms.
• Ability to leverage and appropriately apply market or consumer research tools like eMarketer, Global Web Index, SimilarWeb etc. to determine the most effective channels for each client audience and campaign.
• Ability to independently analyze campaign data and reports to connect creative work to media performance.
• Ability to quickly identify opportunities and provide recommendations on tight deadlines.
• Background in marketing, communications, media or advertising, with a strong understanding of best practices and standards.
• Strong networker with natural affinity for relationship-building; communicates effectively and respectfully with internal departments, partners and clients.
• Pays great attention to detail and is careful to check assumptions.
• Inherent desire for finding creative solutions to achieve client goals.
• Well-versed in media planning, purchasing, tracking, and management best practices, guidelines and regulations.
• Professional writing skills, ability to construct a well-written email.
• articulate + persuasive
• analytical + insightful
• organized + proactive
• passionate + driven
• honest + candid
Education & Experience:
• At least two (2) years of experience in a media planner or buyer role.
• Experience working at or with an agency required.
• Proficient working in Microsoft 360, Keynote/PowerPoint and Google Suite tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Media required.
• Experience working with real estate, healthcare, associations, and nonprofit organizations a plus.
• Experience with budget, billing and invoicing.
• Specific certifications/qualifications in paid search, analytics or other key marketing platforms is a plus, as is familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager and core social media advertising platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
• IAB certified preferred.
Looking for a different job? Go back to Careers.