Do you get excited by what web technologies can do to elevate brands and solve organizational challenges? Do you find you are often ahead of a technology trend and do you enjoy casting vision for what technology can do to solve real life problems? Do you love helping others grow and evolve their digital skill sets? If your pulse is now racing because this is you, keep reading…
The Development Manager will have a true passion for continuously delivering websites and website applications that meet customer and business requirements. They will be a positive, forward-looking person who is a leader-by-example, genuinely loves being part of a team, and who is able to communicate with clients, creative and development teams, and executive management to deliver a successful website project.
The candidate will serve as a point-person to capture, document, community, and test features and functionality with various team members, including account manager, project managers, developers, and clients.
This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The Development Manager will participate in the following areas:
• Manage capturing and documenting of technical and functional requirements, testing scenarios, and deployment management to assist local and global teams to create and build highly scalable websites with an eye continuously on improvement and innovation.
• Lead requirements gathering and developing user stories to capture feature scopes across multiple business units and brands.
• Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of the development team.
• Manage and execute web strategy roadmap for enhancements to technology stack, user experience, site performance, and campaign optimization.
• Analyze web performance applying usability, data and SEO tools; providing insight and guidance to support UX and conversion goals.
• Conduct competitive and user research through workshops, user testing, exercises, surveys, and any other format that gets you the insights needed.
• Readily participate with other team members in meetings with prospective and current clients to understand requirements and create functional and technical specifications, provide ideas, cost and time estimates.
• Blue sky ideas on the fly that lead to solutions.
• High level of enthusiasm with regard to creating technical solutions that have practical application.
• Reputation for innovative thinking and passionate about emerging technologies that support innovation.
• Talent for articulating technical concepts (both verbally and in writing) in a manner that can support the needs of non-technical people both internally and externally.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to balance being hands on when needed but delegating and helping guide your team to problem solve for greater team success and agency efficiency.
Skills & Talents:
• Bachelor Degree, preferred.
• Experience working with WordPress and other CMS platforms is required.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum.
• Hands on design experience with API’s is needed to be successful in this position.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Significant experience designing experiments and making difficult data-driven decisions (A/B experimentation, user testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis).
• Extensive experience with web analytics and personalization tools; ability to interpret and share insights with a broad audience.
• Proven experience in collaborating with business, technical and creative teams to deliver consumer user experiences.
• Demonstrated ability in managing multiple priorities and projects across varying brands or business units.
Looking for a different job? Go back to Careers.